21 QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR SPOUSE INSTEAD OF “HOW WAS YOUR DAY?”
We published “30 Questions to Ask Your Kid Instead of ‘How Was Your Day?’” The response was incredible.
Turns out, millions of people had the same problem. It was amazing to hear how parents, aunts, uncles, teachers, mentors, and grandparents turned silent car rides or eat-and-run dinners into quality chat-fests with those questions.
What we didn’t expect were the many requests for questions to get spouses talking.
To be fair, I could do a better job of that in my relationship. After twelve years and two kids, sometimes all we can come up with post bedtime routine is, “You good? I’m good. Fire up the Netflix.”
Allegedly it only takes 36 questions to fall in love with anyone, but once you’re there, well, it takes maintenance.
- Did you listen to anything interesting today?
- If you could do any part of today over again, what would it be?
- How much coffee did you drink today?
- Will you remember any specific part of today a year from now? Five years?
- Did you take any photos today? What did you photograph?
- What app did you open most today?
- How can I make your day easier in 5 minutes?
- If we were leaving for vacation tonight, where do you wish we would be heading?
- If you won $500 and had to spend it on yourself, what would you buy?
- If your day was turned into a movie, who would you cast?
- What did you say today that you could have never expected to come out of your mouth?
- What did you do to take care of yourself today?
- When did you feel appreciated today?
- If you could guarantee one thing for tomorrow what would it be?
- If we traded places tomorrow what advice would you give me for the day?
- What made you laugh today?
- Imagine committing the next year to learning one thing in your spare time. What would it be?
- Did you give anyone side-eye today? What did they do to deserve it?
- What do you wish you did more of today?
- What do you wish you did less of today?
- Are you even listening to me right now?