HOW TO AVOID EMOTIONAL AFFAIRS
Even if you are married to the best spouse in the whole world, if you do not guard your heart, you may end up “falling in love” with someone aside from your spouse and eventually ruin your marriage.
No one gets married and plans to have affairs but lots of married men and women are into affairs today because they slept when they should have been wide awake with their five senses alert.
1. Don’t be too friendly with the opposite sex. This is where lots of married people land in trouble. Over-spirituality and pride will destroy your marriage! You can’t handle close friendships with the opposite sex as a married person. Your heart is involved. Set boundaries. Be disciplined. Be cordial. Be respectful. Be godly. Be holy.
2. Don’t share your personal problems with an opposite-sex friend. It will bond you together. Problems bond people.
3. Don’t contact any opposite sex you are fond of. If you secretly admire them, you are fond of them and there is a tingling in your heart at the mere thought of them. Don’t contact them!
4. Avoid unnecessary eye contact that lingers with the opposite sex.
5. Don’t tell the opposite sex that you are romantic or sexy. That private information is for your spouse only.
6. Avoid discussions with the opposite sex when you are tired, very sad, depressed, sorrowful, drowsy, sleepy, or very sick. This can cloud your judgment and make you say silly things. Talk to your husband/wife instead.
7. Avoid unnecessary compliments of the opposite sex.
8. Stop saying “I love you” to the opposite sex. Love them for what?
9. Work on your marriage. Keep the fire of love and romance alive in your marriage.
10. Protect your family. Don’t share your marital problems with your opposite-sex friend; doing that will bond you.
11. Never flirt with the opposite sex.
12. Mind the pictures you post on social media. Limit pictures that show your curves or portray you as sexy.
13. Do not contact any ex after marriage.
14. Do not chat with the opposite sex on the days you are horny.
15. Stop focusing on your spouse’s weaknesses. Appreciate their strengths. If you always see the bad side of your spouse, you will be angry, bitter, critical, and look for someone who can “understand” you and make you happy aside from your spouse. That is the beginning of an emotional affair and eventual sexual affair. It is the beginning of the end of a once glorious marriage!
FLEE from all appearances of evil. That is what the Bible says.
What you will not eat, don’t bring it to your nose, don’t smell it!
Don’t start what you cannot finish!
Avoid all emotional and sexual affairs. They will destroy your marriage!
May you not take a step that will lead to eternal regret in Jesus’ name. PLEASE SEEK FOR THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT CALLED SELF CONTROL AND ALWAYS ANCHOR YOUR THOUGHTS ON PHILIPPIANS 4:8.
The Lord will keep our homes and marriages and keep us pure to reign with Him in Jesus’ name. Amen.