FOR THE LOVE OF A WOMAN
By Bible Love Notes
Genesis 3 reveals an interesting aspect of romantic love.
In Genesis 3, when Adam stood next to Eve and heard the serpent call God a liar, Adam was not deceived. He knew God wasn’t lying (1 Timothy 2:14).
Yet, for the love of Eve, he did the unimaginable–he ate the forbidden fruit. He sinned willfully and fatally. And this says two important things about our role as wives:
1. Good men will sometimes be silent when their wives do the wrong thing, and some will join her in her disobedience because they love her.
2. Women who are loved by their husbands have a great power to influence them for good or evil.
It happened with the first marriage, and it continues today.
Dear wives, if you are loved by your husband, use the power of that love for his good and for God. Don’t be deceived like Eve.
- Strive to know God’s Word so you will not be deceived (2 Timothy 2:15).
- Shun worldly philosophies that are not compatible with God’s Word (Colossians 2:8).
- Ask God for ways to gently and lovingly inspire your husband to godliness in all areas of his life (Hebrews 10:24), but be careful to do this without nagging!
Let’s press on to overcome the deception of Eve in our marriages.