You and your partner will most likely think the way they were disciplined is how you will discipline your own child. Before marriage, figure out a way to compromise or come up with a different solution.
10. How involved do you want to be with my family?
If spending a lot of time with your family is important to you, make sure your partner knows that. To avoid tension, they’ll need to be willing to spend time with their in-laws.11. How did you celebrate birthdays?
Some people go all out for birthdays while others don’t. Know how birthdays were celebrated in your partner’s home so they don’t get upset when you don’t make them a cake and throw them an elaborate party.
Financial conversations can be uncomfortable but are vital to great marriage. Discuss how much money you will each bring in and set a budget. If you feel comfortable transferring your life savings over to your partner, you probably have a really great thing going.
13. What kind of lifestyle do you want to have?
Everyone grows up doing different things. I grew up going to Disneyland a couple of times a year while my husband had only been twice.Thankfully he loves Disneyland now and we go together all the time. Before saying “I do”, make sure you know how your partner wants to live their life. Traveling might be important to you, but is it important to them? These are issues that could cause major problems later on.
14. What does it mean to be in love?
Ask your partner what love means to them. Their answer can tell you if your relationship has the potential to grow into a beautiful marriage.
Asking and answering these questions shows maturity and genuine interest in your relationship. If some of your partner’s answers are concerning, work together to compromise and overcome struggles. Your relationship will come out stronger because of it.
- What to Expect When You Go to Couples Therapy
- This Is, Hands Down, The Worst Parenting Style
- Kris Jenner Says Cheating on Robert Kardashian Was ‘life’s biggest regret’
- The 4 most important parts of a marriage
- How to Live in Peace Despite Family Conflicts
- How Couples Can Get Organized for Christmas
- Dad Gets Silent Treatment After Refusing to Pay $200,000 For Daughter’s Wedding
- Creating and Sustaining a Culture of Appreciation in Difficult Times
- Cheating Spouse
- 5 Intentional Questions to Regularly Ask Your Spouse