7 SIMPLE YET POWERFUL REMINDERS TO END YOUR WEEK RIGHT
By Angel Chernoff
1. We cannot control exactly what happens around us, but we can control how we respond. In your response is your freedom.
2. If we’ve learned one thing recently, it’s that we need to be gentle with ourselves and others. We’re all a bit weary and stressed. Be recklessly gracious.
3. It’s rarely as personal as it seems. What other people say and do is mostly because of them, not you. So let their opinions inform you, but don’t let them limit you.
4. There’s a time and place for everything, and every step is necessary. Just keep doing your best, and don’t force what’s not yet supposed to fit into your life. It will happen – when it’s time. Where you are right now is where your power is.
5. No single struggle defines everything we are. No single chapter tells the whole story. Keep turning the pages that need to be turned.
6. If the grass looks greener on the other side, stop staring, stop comparing, and start watering the grass you’re standing on.
7. When life feels like an emotional roller coaster, steady yourself with simple rituals. Make the bed. Water the plants. Rinse off your own bowl and spoon. Remember, simplicity attracts calmness and wisdom.
The bottom line is, despite the real-world challenges you face, the biggest and most complex obstacle you will ever have to personally overcome is your own mind. In other words, you aren’t responsible for everything that happens, but you ARE responsible for undoing the self-defeating thinking and behavioral patterns that these undesirable experiences create…
Is this email your wake-up call?
How many times have you thought “this isn’t working” or “something is not right” or “things have to change”? Those thoughts and words are from your inner voice. It’s your wake-up call calling. You don’t need more stress or a major crisis to wake up. And no one needs to tell you because you already know. Your inner voice has been trying to tell you, but in case it’s been a challenge to find time and space to listen through the chaos, maybe you’ll resonate with one of these situations.
- If your life is aimlessly on auto-pilot, this is your wake-up call.
- If you never put yourself first, this is your wake-up call.
- If you’ve become someone you don’t recognize to please other people or to chase some version of success that doesn’t resonate with you, this is your wake-up call.
- If you are constantly numbing out with food, shopping, booze, TV, or other distractions, this is your wake-up call.
- If you are worn down, beat up, stressed out, and completely depleted, this is your wake-up call.
Getting your wake-up call is not the hard part, answering the call is. Choosing to answer the call instead of ignoring it is hard. Right now, it may feel easier to keep going, and going, and going gradually in the wrong direction. But you know if you don’t find a way out of the endless cycle you’re in, it’s going to get worse.
It’s time to listen to what your inner voice has been telling you…
Again, you aren’t responsible for everything that happens to you in life (the chaos around you), but you are responsible for undoing the self-defeating patterns (the chaos within you) that these undesirable experiences create.
YES, YOU CAN THINK BETTER, which means you can tune that inner voice of yours and ultimately live better.