5 REMINDERS TO START YOUR WEEK RIGHT
By Angel Chernoff
1. You alone get to choose what matters and what doesn’t this week. The significance of everything in your life has primarily the significance you give it.
2. Sometimes people will try to measure your worth based on what you have, instead of who you are. But you know better than that — material things don’t matter that much in the end. So don’t just aimlessly chase the money this week. Catch up on the ideas and activities that make you come alive. Go for the things of greater value — the things money can’t buy — like having strength of character, an honest heart, and a sense of self-worth.
3. Let others take you as you are, or not at all. Speak your truth even if your voice shakes. By being true to yourself, you put something breathtaking into the world that was not there before. You are stunning when your passion and strength shine through as you follow your own path, when you aren’t distracted by the opinions of others. You are powerful when you let your mistakes educate you, and your confidence builds from firsthand experiences — when you know you can fall down, pick yourself up, and move forward without asking for anyone else’s permission.
4. Remember, the fundamental goal right now is to practice changing your response to what you can’t control, to grow stronger on the inside, gradually, so that less and less of the things on the outside affect your inner peace and wellness without your conscious permission.
5. This week, go out of your way to value your time, your health, genuine relationships, and peace of mind above all. Because as you age – as the weeks, months, and years roll on — these few things tend to grow in value…
Is this your wake-up call?
How many times have you thought “this isn’t working” or “something is not right” or “things have to change”? Those thoughts and words are from your inner voice. It’s your wake-up call calling. You don’t need more stress or a major crisis to wake up. And no one needs to tell you because you already know. Your inner voice has been trying to tell you, but in case it’s been a challenge to find time and space to listen through the chaos, maybe you’ll resonate with one of these situations.
- If you are worn down, beat up, stressed out, and completely depleted, this is your wake-up call.
- If your life is aimlessly on auto-pilot, this is your wake-up call.
- If you never put yourself first, this is your wake-up call.
- If you’ve become someone you don’t recognize to please other people or to chase some version of success that doesn’t resonate with you, this is your wake-up call.
- This is your wake-up call if you are constantly numbing out with food, shopping, booze, TV, or other distractions.
Getting your wake-up call is not the hard part, answering the call is. Choosing to answer the call instead of ignoring it is hard. Right now, it may feel easier to keep going, and going, and going gradually in the wrong direction. But you know if you don’t let go and find a way out of the endless cycle you’re in, it will get worse.
It’s time to listen to what your inner voice has been telling you…
Because despite the real-world challenges you face, the biggest and most complex obstacle you will ever have to overcome personally is your own mind and how often you resist your own better judgment. No, you aren’t responsible for everything that happens to you in life (the chaos around you), but you ARE responsible for undoing the self-defeating thinking patterns (the chaos within you) that these undesirable experiences create.
YES, YOU CAN THINK BETTER, which means you can tune that inner voice of yours and ultimately live better because of it.