5 LITTLE NOTES FOR COPING WITH THINGS YOU CAN’T CONTROL
By Marc & Angel Chernoff
1. Do your best to use disappointment and frustration to motivate yourself rather than distract you today. Be mindful. You are in control of the way you respond to life.
2. Remind yourself that inner peace comes with letting go of what you assume your journey is supposed to be like right now, and sincerely appreciating it for everything that it is. You are enough, you have enough, and you do enough, day by day. Breathe deep, be present, reset and reflect.
3. The key is to be truly present. Don’t wish away your whole day today waiting for better ones ahead. Just appreciate where you are. You’ve come a long way, and you’re still learning and growing. Be thankful for the lessons. Take them and make the best of things right now.
4. You may not be able to control all the rude things people say and do, but you can decide not to be distracted or controlled by them. Make that decision for yourself. There is great freedom in leaving others to their opinions. And there is a huge weight lifted when you take things less personally.
5. Forget popularity; focus on sincerity. Do what you do today, not for applause, but because it is what is right for YOU and those you love.
The bottom line is, despite the real-world challenges you face, the biggest and most complex obstacle you will have to personally overcome on a daily basis is your own mind…
YES, YOU CAN THINK BETTER, which means you can tap into your inner strength and ultimately live better, one day at a time.
And yes, of course, that’s sometimes easier said than done.
Thinking better when you’re in the heat of a tough season, or at a crossroads in life, can be quite a challenge but you can do it. Commit to it!