4 RULES FOR BEING YOU IN 2023
By Angel Chernoff
Throughout 2023, remind yourself…
1. Sometimes you have to try not to care, no matter how much you do. Because sometimes you can mean almost nothing to someone who means so much to you. It’s not pride, it’s self-respect. Don’t expect to see positive changes in your life if you constantly surround yourself with negative people. Don’t give part-time people a full-time position in your life this year. Know your value and what you have to offer.
2. Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. Yes, let someone love you despite all of this, and let that someone be YOU.
3. Perspective is everything. When faced with long check-out lines, traffic jams, or waiting an hour past your appointment time, you have two choices: You can get frustrated and enraged, or you can view it as life’s way of giving you a guilt-free breather from rushing, and spend that time daydreaming, conversing, or watching the clouds. The first choice will raise your blood pressure. The second choice will raise your consciousness.
4. One year from now, it won’t really matter what shoes you wore today, how your hair looked, or what brand of jeans you bought. What will matter is how you thought about yourself each day, how you lived, what you learned, and how you applied this knowledge along the way.
The bottom line is, despite the real-world challenges you face in 2023, the biggest and most complex obstacle you will have to overcome on a daily basis personally is your own mind. In other words, you aren’t responsible for everything that happens to you in life, but you ARE responsible for undoing the self-defeating thinking patterns that these unpleasant experiences create.
YES, YOU CAN THINK BETTER, which means you can ultimately live better this year.
And YES, I know that’s sometimes much easier said than done, but you are NOT alone on this journey.
Many of us are right there with you, working hard to do the right things for ourselves. In fact, Marc and I have guided many through the process of staying true to their values and priorities through thick and thin. Indeed, making steady progress through life’s twists and turns takes some guidance and practice…
You need to be exposed to:
- Smart ways to deal with toxic relationships—especially if it’s your family, co-workers or significant others.
- Crystal clear tactics to help you set and STICK TO healthy personal boundaries (without being disrespectful or a pushover).
- Uncovering hidden beliefs that hold you back and the three powerful questions that will set you free.
- How to overcome hard times and roadblocks so you can do what matters consistently in your life.
- A PROVEN SYSTEM for managing willpower so you can conquer mental fatigue and build momentum on auto-pilot.