30 WAYS TO DECLUTTER YOUR LIFE AND BECOME A BETTER YOU (ALL BEFORE THE NEW YEAR)
Because who doesn’t want to become a little bit better in the new year?
By Courtnie Erickson
The new year is a time of new beginnings; a time to evaluate your life and see where you can make improvements.
We all have areas in our lives that aren’t going so well. We have weaknesses; we have flaws; we have struggles.
If you want to improve yourself, here are 30 ways to declutter your life, rid yourself of the bad and become a little better.
- Forgive someone who has wronged you
- Reduce your daily idle time
- Avoid waking up late each morning
- Say no to something that is sucking away your energy
- Log how much time you truly spend on social media each day and cut that time in half
- Donate five items from each room of your home
- Throw away excess soda, alcohol, energy drinks, etc.
- Start stocking your kitchen with fresh produce instead of processed foods
- Cut down your children’s number of extracurricular activities
- Learn how to keep a planner, and stick to it
- Do one act of service for someone outside of your family each day
- Add up your debts and create a plan to tackle even just one throughout the year
- Establish a habit to focus on one good thing about your body every single day
- Move your body daily, whether walking around the block or going up and down the stairs 10 times
- Place some fresh plants in your home
- Get the recommended amount of sleep each night
- When you start to worry, ask yourself if the thing that is upsetting you will matter in the future
- Make an appointment with your doctor for a checkup
- Visit the dentist
- Write in a journal about your year and your expectations for the new year
- Pay special attention to how many times each day you compare yourself to others; be mindful of these thoughts and zap them when they come
- Stop procrastinating on projects, household chores, etc.
- Spend time playing and talking with your kids every day
- Don’t expect perfection
- Tell your family how much you love them
- Stop being offended by every small remark
- Let yourself be happy
- Learn how to take criticism well
- Remind yourself that you are worth it!
Remember the success of this upcoming year is dependent on you. Rid yourself of the things in your life that you don’t need and that are tearing you down. Use this list to help you overcome struggles and become a better, happier and stronger you.