23 SIMPLE WAYS TO MAKE CHRISTMAS A LITTLE MERRIER FOR THOSE AROUND YOU
Because We Can All Use More Kindness.
By Kelsi Jones
There is a special feeling of love and peace in the air this time of year — the spirit of Christmas.
If you are looking for a few ways to spread some love to others as Christmas gets closer, here are a few ideas that are simple, yet have a profound impact on those you serve.
1. Bring cookies to a neighbor
2. Donate to a coat drive
3. Surprise a friend or family member with something you know they’ll love
4. Pay for someone else’s meal
5. Give a sincere compliment
6. Bring a family member home their favorite snack
7. Cover a co-worker’s shift
8. Write a heartfelt note to someone letting them know why you appreciate them
9. Make dinner for someone else
10. Call a family member or friend you haven’t talked to in a while to let them know you’re thinking of them
11. Donate to a fundraiser or charity
12. Pray for someone you know who is going through a rough time
13. Help someone put up Christmas lights (and then help them take them down if they need it!)
14. Buy some groceries for (or give grocery money to) someone who could use the help
15. Offer an apology where one is needed
16. If someone wants to repay you for something, ask them to pay it forward to someone else instead
17. Instead of gossiping, look for the good in others, and say nice things about them
18. Give extra coupons to other people shopping
19. Teach someone a skill you know
20. Forgive someone
21. Genuinely thank someone who has been kind to you
22. Help someone find the positive
23. Leave an extra tip for someone
This world can be a cruel place sometimes. Give some of these a try to help the good shine a little brighter. Merry Christmas!