10 GREAT PRIVILEGES WE FORGET TO BE GRATEFUL FOR
Even in times of uncertainty – even when life seems far from perfect – it’s always important to keep things in perspective.
Wealth is the ability to fully experience life.
― Henry David Thoreau
- You are alive.
- You didn’t go to sleep hungry last night.
- You didn’t go to sleep outside.
- You had a choice of what clothes to wear this morning.
- You haven’t spent a minute in fear for your life.
- You know someone who loves you.
- You have access to clean drinking water.
- You have access to medical care.
- You have access to the Internet.
- You can read.
The truth is, you’re doing pretty darn good. Some people in this world might even say YOU are wealthy and privileged, so remember to be grateful for all the things you do have.
Marc and I discuss various aspects of using Gratitude to create Happiness in our book 1,000 Little Things Happy Successful People Do Differently. And believe it or not, I’m going to re-visit and re-read some our own material in small doses this holiday season, just to center my mind on these positive principles and remind myself to take a deep breath when I need one, and smile.